You may have heard a lot about the US-China trade war and how Chinese companies are ripping off American businesses with their deceitful marketing tactics and getting away with inhumane labor practices in the factories back home but what I am going to tell you in this article is something on a completely different tone. I have had the opportunity of closely studying the product designing, manufacturing, marketing, and customer support ethics and values of major companies in China and USA over the course of last 20 years of my professional life.
I have traveled to different cities of China i.e. Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, and Guangdong, and spent month looking into the professional practices and ethics of Electronic companies in the country. I personally belong to Chicago, Illinois, USA where I set up my Printed Circuit Board manufacturing company named SynergisePCB Inc. When I set up my company in Chicago, there was one thing that I wanted to make sure of and it was that I have to follow businesses practices completely opposite of which are now been practiced in China.
I wanted to create a brand, which can manufacturer cheap products in the USA; so that the businesses in the USA and other parts of the world do not have to go through the abuse they are subjected to by the Chinese companies. One of the biggest factors behind founding SynergisePCB was to challenge the business owners and oligarchs in China who treat their workers like commodities and robots.
I wanted to create something, which would force the Chinese factory owners to follow internationally accepted standards of business and ethics, to treat their workers like human beings and to treat their customers with the respect that they deserve. This is the goal that I want to relentlessly pursue for the rest of my life and not only do I need you to help me but also do what you can on your part to realize this dream.
Below I have jotted down some of the facts that I learned about doing business with Chinese based companies and how do their practices map out.
Business Practices by Chinese Companies:
- 100% advance payment: If you are based in the USA, you will have to make 100% advance payment to the Chinese companies through online payments. Most of the businesses in China are unreliable and once they take money, they do not keep the promises that they make in their marketing campaigns. If they deliver, the products are of low quality or have defects. When you confront them, they come up with every other excuse in the Chinese Red Book of Deceitful Business Practices. Since you have made 100% advanced payments and since China is a closed society, you have no other choice but to live with a bitter reality.
- No quality guarantee of the products: The products manufactured in China have no guarantee since inferior and unprofessional practices are used during the manufacturing process.
- Inferior quality products: The quality of the products is extremely low and most of them work only for a few days. The ratio of burned out PCBs or broken connections is extremely high.
- Language barrier: China is a closed and outdated society, which has no managed to lower the barriers with the outside world. Majority of workers, salespeople and customer representatives in China do not know English. This creates a huge language barrier between the USA customers and Chinese businesses, which creates a whole lot of confusions and problems. It is difficult to explain your requirements to the Chinese companies.
- Time difference: There is a 12-hour time difference between USA and China. It literally means that when there is Day in China, it’s Night at the USA and vice versa. It makes it highly difficult to have one on one communication with Chinese companies during working hours.
- Time delivery issues: It takes months to deliver products from China to the USA. Sometimes customers have to wait for 2 months before the products can reach the customers.
- Custom dealing problems: It is highly difficult to have custom designed products manufactured from China since the Chinese companies do not have such capabilities, their engineers are not highly skilled and the language barrier creates hurdles.
- Extra shipping charges: USA customers have to pay exorbitant delivery charges, which totally negate low-cost mantra of the Chinese businesses.
- No proper update about your order: It is highly difficult to track your orders since most of the time they do not provide tracking. However, when they do provide tracking, the movement of the products is seldom updated.
- No proper responsible person: It is difficult to find a person who is willing to take responsibility for your order. Chinese companies have a culture of fear where the representatives are mostly unwilling to take the responsibility that workers of more professional companies would take. You are left alone if something goes south.
- Made in China/World: “Made in China” products do not have good repute in the world and the term is usually used as a smear. This will affect the credibility of professional businesses in any part of the world if their equipment is “Made in China” labeled.
- No money back guarantee: Chinese companies never provide money back guarantee no matter what happens. It means that you are taking a risk with your money and time.
Inhumane Labor Practices: Chinese factories treat their labors poorly and have a 996 culture, which has destroyed the social life of Chinese workers and society in general. It is the ethical responsibility of the world to put pressure on these factories to treat their workers in line with the conventions of the civilized world.
Chinese Never Buy Chinese Products then Why Do We?
In this article, I am going to give you many reasons why you should always get all your supplies from American companies:
- Products Made in U.S.A: You should choose those companies whose products are manufactured in USA. These products will have high quality since they have undergone vigorous manufacturing and testing processing before being approved.
- No Advance Money: Most companies in USA do not ask for advance money or even if they do, they offer non-satisfaction return warranty. This is a great facility, which is not offered by other companies in different parts of the world.
- 100% Guarantee on products: There is a 100% satisfaction guarantee on products and a return guarantee. This makes it highly convenient to get all your products from USA based companies.
- High quality (IPC Standard Class II & III): USA companies follow the internationally recognized standards of manufacturing. This makes these products highly reliable and well performing.
- Cheap Prices: The rates of the USA manufactured products are actually cheaper as compared to those manufactured in China if you count in the shipping charges and the long lifespan of the American products.
- High density and high reliability PCBs: These PCBs can only be manufactured in America since they require the use of sophisticated technology.
- All services at One Place: Most of the companies in USA offer comprehensive and complete solutions for customer requirements.
- No language barriers: With USA companies, language will never be an issue.
- Powerful material expertise: The factories and manufacturing plants are well equipped, which gives them high material expertise.
- Easily place your order from our official website: At SynergisePCB, you can easily place your order online and someone will get in touch with you soon. You can get high-quality services at SynergisePCB, USA.
- International Shipping at Minimum charges: If you are purchasing from outside of China then the shipping charges applicable are less as compared to shipping from other parts of the world. Shipping is also fast and convenient.
- Personalized services (Live person 24/7): You will get a great customer support, which is not offered by Chinese companies.
Buying from the USA is the solution and the way forward. SynergisePCB has taken the initiative and now you have to decide if you are up to the challenge or not!